Saturday, December 11, 2010

Handprint Tree Skirt - New Traditions

I love starting family Christmas Traditions, we have a few that we've done since Bubble was born and a few that have been added every year since then. This year I've added this to our little repertoire - handprinting our tree skirt. This isn't actually my idea, I saw it listed as a yearly tradition by someone on a parenting forum a few years ago and have been meaning to do it ever since! It took a couple of minutes to paint the girls hands and print them onto a corner of the skirt, then add the date with black laundry marker, I can't wait for a few years time when we have a few rows of little hands all lined up.

WE USED:

* Fabric paint that contrasts well against the colour of your tree skirt (we used white)
* Laundry marker
* Tree skirt


3 comments:

  1. That's such a great idea.. I was thinking as I read this "What does one do with the skirt for the next year"..Well, you put more hand prints on with the next years date..Cool Cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent idea!! I'm going to have to do it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was a great idea too, Ive been meaning to do it ever since I read it on the forum years ago but always forgot.

    ReplyDelete